CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I want to be just like daddy!


Little DC wants to fill daddy's shoes!


He loves to watch daddy play hockey...


but most of all he loves to play hockey with daddy!




All day long he plays hockey!


Well, I think my husband got his wish! As soon as he found out we were having a little boy he has wanted him to be a little hockey player just like him. Growing up in Denver, CO DC Sr's sport is hockey! He loves it, and more than anything else he wanted his son to love it too...and he does! I can't hardly get little man to play with any of his other toys! As soon as he gets up in the morning, till it is time for bed at night, he has his little hockey stick in hand. DC Sr convinced me when little man was about 10 months old to buy a miniature hockey set. I told him he was crazy and that the baby was too young to get into hockey. I was wrong. He has loved that little hockey set more and more the older he gets. In fact its all he wants to play with! When daddy is home with him they go out back and play hockey! If daddy has his stick in hand then little man goes and gathers all the pucks and balls and drops them down by daddy's stick for him to hit. If daddy puts his stick down, little man picks his up and hits the pucks and balls. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen! And he is good at it too! He has great puck control! We are so impressed, and I guess I have to say he is going to be a little hockey player! It is just gonna come second nature to him starting off this little.

16 comments:

Kristi H. said...

Guess you're gonne be a "hockey mom" like Governor Palin lol!! He's too cute.

Life these days...... said...

That's so fun! Nothing is more adorable then a little boy in his daddy's shoes!

Trish said...

How cute little DC jr is. He is adorable.

Anonymous said...

He is pretty much the studly-est little boy I have ever seen in my life! I love you guys!!

Chelsea said...

DC is so cute and that is cute he wants to be like his daddy!

Anonymous said...

How cute....wants to be just like daddy! I bet you love that

Scarlet said...

Cute, Cute family! I'm glad that you found me so now even if you don't want to be my friend I can see what you are doing:)! Your little boy is adorable and you are the cutest mom!

SUZANNE said...

What's up Rebel friend! How much fun did we have tonight?! SO good to hang out and catch up. Can't wait to see you more during the season. Naked chicken and Rene all the way baby! Oh, and Joe Darger too for you! Love ya Shaftie!

Brian & Krystal said...

My goodness your family is adorable!

_______ said...

Hey Swansons -
We stumbled across your blog tonight, I cant believe you have a little walker on your hands, he is so cute! Our blog is sarahandtaylorhuckstep.blogspot.com I promise to come visiting teaching soon.

The Miracle Family said...

Brianna!
DC Jr. is getting so BIG!

I hope all is well. I love your blog. I spend all my time trying to copy Celeste's now I am going to copy yours!

Bobbi

Adventures in Healing said...

That is so dang cute. We should go to one of the games together. We'll call ya when we get tickets again!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

What a cute little guy you've got there!! I love that he carries that little hockey stick all around, your mom tells me he has quite the personality!

Froska said...

Bri-D, seriously? i mean...seriously? we need to hang. dude, we're planning a trip to veg-ass, (whoops, that was a typo) any-who, we're coming and you're going to hang with us. and then, i'm going to meet this DC (sr. as well as jr.) well, technically i've already met the wee one, but he was brand new and probably doesn't remember me. after all the hugs and tears take place we will probably party, severely. OK? alright good. i'm glad to see that we agree.

-the Smith's
p.s. tell your parents to fire up the french toast. REMEMBER THAT? i bet you thought i forgot.

Chels Allred said...

I just wanted to say Hi! I found your blog through katie gregory's(i love blog hopping) My name is chelsea allred, and I see you in primary, but I never get to meet anyone because I'm hidden behind the piano! Just wanted to introduce myself via blog. :D

Chels Allred said...

your little boy is SOOOO dang cute btw