CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Look Who's Walking!!


Go Baby Go!


Hot Stuff!

Mommy and Little Man


What a mess!

Ouch!


At 13 months Little DC started walking. On our family trip to the beach he started taking steps here and there, grabbing onto anything he could find. The week after we came home from the beach he just took off! He started standing up all by himself in the middle of the room with no help, he started following us around the house, and of course getting into lots more stuff he is not supposed to get into. One morning I was in the kitchen and out of the corner of my eye I see a little human walking toward me. I was so caught off guard I jumped back a little and realized it was my little man! I had to get use to the idea of him just moving around freely all by himself with out help. He is loving every minute of this new walking thing, and with it has come so much more! He talks to us like crazy in his our language, with a few discernable words like dada, mama, uh oh!, bye, hi, dc, bri, dag (dog)...and lots of other crazy things! He is climbing on top of small boxes, opening more cabinets, and is obessed with trying to use forks and spoons. He hasn't quite figures out to bring the fork or spoon to his mouth yet! Of course with all this new moving and exploring comes more bumps and bruises. Tonight he got his worst one yet! He was outside with daddy barbequing dinner and took a dive right on the pavers. He got a huge goose egg on his forhead. I was heartbroken. Poor thing! But he is still just going like nothing happened. Such a big world with little time to explore it!

7 comments:

Life these days...... said...

Bri....Little DC is sooo cute! I can't tell who he looks like yet though? has alot of both of you in the pictures. Walking....How fun! yep lots of bumps and bruises are going to be happening ALOT! I wouldn't change being a mom for anything!!!!

Kerry said...

I love it when i find old friend blog. How are you? Your little boy is so cute. How is the family? You have to keep blogging so i can keep up with your family.

Kerry Zobrist

Adventures in Healing said...

I seriously think DC is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Were those walking pictures from out at Town Square? It's so funny watching those little guys walking huh.

Anonymous said...

Look at him go!! I wanna squeeze him!!! So flippin cute!

Trish said...

How fun...Now the real work begins..he will be into everything. Love it!

Tara said...

he is sooo adorable!! its fun when they start walking but the bruises become more frequent. good to see you this morninga

Zobrist Family said...

Wow! That happened fast! He's cute.